I wonder if I could become some sort of sensory master when I was younger. I suffer from rather bad eyesight due to reading hundreds upon thousands of books in bad light. Also being the stereotypical Asian nerd, I also suffered from a rather bad case of Hay fever every spring. Which essentially knocked out my sense of smell when you combine it with those years at MHS & the associated yeast factory. On a side-note, now that the factory has been replaced with Office buildings, MHS's state score is also dropping. Coincidence? I think not! We needed those yeast-fumes induced mutations to boost our intelligence.
So I've got pretty good hearing. Except of course when I've gone out clubbing, to a gig or just decided to listen to a lot of metal ( which is more often than one might think ). But my sense of taste? Not so great. My sense of touch is far more sensitive. And yet I love to eat and cook. But I guess my food comes out pretty good due to practise rather than the sort of intuition that oh so many other people out there demonstrate when it comes to food. ... Oh well, I guess I'd better master roast chicken first.
I've been pretty tired lately. Come home sometimes to literally fall down in front of the television and sleep. I've only ever heard my father doing this before. And that was when he was working 80 hour weeks. -_-; Urk. That's such a frekkin' downer.
Jesse's little shindig was pretty fun. Except for the fact that I can't taste the difference between a $17 bottle of champagne and a $100 bottle of champagne. Is there really some way to tell the difference? As far as I'm aware, almost all forms of bubbly wine are made out of inferior quality wine regardless of the specific grape used, etc., etc. So is there anybody out with a more refined champagne taste who can honestly tell me how the hell it is better? I can tell when a white wine has specifically had only one breed of grape picked out for it or when they've used a mix but that's about it.
Andie & 'Tahl's BBQ was a blast. Had a lot of fun chatting & eating all afternoon. Been awhile since I've last spent an entire afternoon doing that. And hey, we even held off on the "Let's see how long it takes before our voices eventually wear into a raggedy croak" aka Singstar until most people had left. Though it's horribly amusing to discover that both Andie & 'Tahl's significant others can score better than them at Kylie Minogue. *cackles with glee*
Mary's b-day drinks were also a lot of fun. Had a lot to catch up with given that we haven't seen each other for years ( Go Facebook for bringing people back together ). And as always, Polly has wonderful cocktails which I ( this time ) unable to indulge in to my heart's content. Curses! Foiled once more! *shakes fist* Next time. If only to see Mary get drunk, entertainment for all! ^_^
Yoinked from buhfly. Such a useful sound-effect too... Yoink!
Q. What is your salad dressing of choice?
A. I'm actually pretty ambivalent towards salad dressing. I'm going to go with what the menu says. And for the record, no I don't make salads for myself. Get that bloody rabbit tucker out of my face!
Q. What is your favorite fast food restaurant?
A. At the moment? I guess it would have to be KFC. There's something involved with my psyche and the inability to eat fast food without suffering coming in to the equation.
Q. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant?
A. Restaurant 2 in South Yarra. Simply awesome. Pricey though.
Q. On average, what size tip do you leave at a restaurant?
A. 10% minimum. We Aussies don't have an enforced tip thing, but I tip pretty consistently unless the service has been incredibly bad. And yes, I have been to at least a couple of places like that
Q. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of?
A: Fruit. Hang on... I do eat fruit every day! ^_^
Q. What are your pizza toppings of choice?
A. Pineapples. I don't care what type of pizza it is, regular or gourmet I can always have pineapple on it.
Q. What do you like to put on your toast?
A. Margarine & Nutella.
Q. What is your wallpaper on your computer?
A: At the moment? Angelina Jolie. It changes with the week.
Q. How many televisions are in your house?
A: One. I know, for a geek like myself you'd expect more except this monitor almost counts as a television given its size and the amount of shows I watch on it.
Q. Are you right-handed or left-handed?
A. Born left-handed, forced to become a right handie.
Q. Have you ever had anything removed from your body?
A. . . . O_o that sounds rather dirty and I'm not entirely sure if I should answer this now. Blood donation counts right? Ok, blood.
Q. When was the last time you had a cavity?
A. Few years ago.
Q. What is the last heavy item you lifted?
A. Boxes and boxes of stationery. Boxes. I kid you not.
Q. Have you ever been knocked unconscious?
A. Oh yes.
Q. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die?
A. Nope. Though I wouldn't mind knowing the circumstances.
Q. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
A. Lord Squigglebottom Kraken Pennyhead Alistair Sinclair Killbourne the 3rd.
Q. What color do you think looks best on you?
A. Dark blue.
Q. Have you ever swallowed a non-food item by mistake?
A. Knowing my varied eating habits as a child I would probably have to go with "definitely".
Q. Have you ever saved someone's life?
A. Not that I'm aware of. My blood might have at some point.
Q. Has someone ever saved yours?
A. Well there must have been somebody who dragged me out of the car after my accident so yes! Never got the opportunity to thank them though. Unconscious.
Q. Would you kiss a member of the same sex for $100?
A. As long as they were well shaved and groomed before hand.
Q. Would you allow one of your little fingers to be cut off for $200,000?
A. No, but I'd do my right ring finger instead if that would count.
Q. Would you never blog again for $50,000?
A. Sure, why not? I could use the money. ^_^
Q. Would you pose naked in a magazine for $250,000?
A. . . . The person who thought up this question REALLY doesn't know me all that well now do they? ^_______^
Q. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000?
A. To be honest, I don't think I could buy enough milk for $1000.00 to get the taste out of my mouth.
Q. Would you, without fear of punishment, take a human life for $1,000,000?
A. Again, question has been poorly written for somebody of my moral standings. ... Or lack thereof.
Q: What is in your left pocket?
A: You reeeaaallly don't want to know what's in them at the moment.
Q: Is Napoleon Dynamite actually a good movie?
A: Haven't seen it, and thus far nobody has said anything about it which encourages me to do so.
Q: Do you have hardwood or carpet in your house?
A: Carpet & Tiles.
Q: Do you sit or stand in the shower?
A: Stand. Why would you sit? -_^?
Q: Could you live with roommates?
A: As long as they do their fair share of chores and give me ample warning to when they're bringing somebody over. Ample == A day to a week.
Q: How many pairs of flip flops do you own?
A: Two. One loose & one which straps up around the ankle.
Q: Last time you had a run-in with the cops?
A: Uh... *blank look* I ... um, don't know.
Q: What do you want to be when you grow up?
A: A trophy husband. ^_^ Great idea Leslie! *thumbs up*
Q: Friend you talked to?
Q: Last person who called you?
A: Uh the people from Mount's Pharmacy. On my mobile, that would be Darren.
Q: Person you hugged?
A. That would be... probably Zena.
Q: Missing someone?
A: Don't ask, don't tell.
Q: Listening to?
A: Muse - Hysteria. One of my favourite Muse songs.
A: At the moment? Just the little letters as they form on the screen due to input from my fingertips & their link in the nervous system to my brain & mind.
Q: Worrying about?
A: Money, Food, Sex and Social Life. ... Not necessarily in that order though.
Q: First place you went this morning?
Q: What can you not wait to do?
A: Stop being single.
Q: What's the last movie you watched?
A: Casino Royale.
Q: Do you smile often?
A: I like to smile. I'd rather have smile wrinkles than frown wrinkles. Some of the worst old people you see out there have massive amounts of frown wrinkles to the point where their face can't move out of such expressions. My grandmother apparently smiled not all that much thus it has left a substantial impression upon me.
Q: Are you a friendly person?
A: I'd say so. I think other people would agree with me or they get a pen in the eye! ... Just kidding. It'd be a toothpick.
As stolen from vintage_belle
1. Do you like cheese? I don't go out and search for it. But I do enjoy a nibble on occasion.
2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No and I have no intention of every doing so.
3. Do you own a gun? Nope, but I have fired one. It's a lot of fun.
4. Your favorite song? #1 favourite remains as "Devil Never Cry" by Shootie HG.
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Doctors, no. I've been going to the same family doctor for years. Mind you, dentists are a completely different question.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I'll eat 'em.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? "It's Christmas Time In Hell" by those Southpark fellows.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee, the dark liquid gold of Champions!
9. Can you do push ups? The question is rather not whether I can do so but rather why I would choose to do so. I've got other forms of exercise regimen.
10. Is your bathroom clean? Mmm, needs a bit of a clean.
11. What's your favorite piece of jewellery? Uh, I don't wear jewellery. I just have no need to do so.
12. Favorite Hobby? Hmm... I'd have to say sex. Failing that, the most politically correct hobby of mine would be "gaming".
13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? Apparently I get them drunk. And tell jokes.
14. Do you have A.D.D.? On occasion, it would be probably.
15. What's one trait you hate about yourself? Laziness.
16. Middle Name? I don't have one.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment..
1. I wish I could sleep regular hours.
2. I really like the video clip of those girls in the tin-foil box helmets who do the dance to Daft Punk's "Stronger".
3. Where's my money?
18. Name the last 3 things you bought . . .
1. Chinese Takeout.
2. Breath Mints ( Eclipse if you must really know )
19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
1. Coffee. And you'd better believe I drink a lot of this.
2. Pineapple juice.
3. Water. Plain tap water.
20. Current worry right now? Urk, don't ask.
21. Current hate? See question above. They're related.
22. Favorite place to be? In bed. <-- unchanged.
23. How did you bring in the New Year? Drinking. Lots of drinking with Avi et al.
24. Where would you like to go? Canada at some point in time with a return trip to NYC.
25. Name three people who will complete this and return: *shrugs* Doubtful anyone will do it.
26. Do you own slippers? For wearing indoors? Nope.
27. What shirt are you wearing? I'm not wearing a shirt right now.
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? Yup.
29. Can you whistle? Oh yes.
30. Favorite color? Dark blue.
31. Would you be a pirate? Give me a cutlass & pistol & I'll show you a Jolly Roger!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? A wide variety.
33. Favorite girl's name? Catherine.
34. Favorite boy's name? Maximilian. Yeah, my son is going to hate me.
35. What's in your pocket right now? I'm not wearing anything with pockets on 'em at the moment.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Going through the Oztaku forum.
37. Best bed sheets as a child? The pirate treasure map sheets. Those were nifty.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Broken toe.
39. Do you love where you live? It's pretty nifty.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? One.
41. Who is your loudest friend? Sober, I'd have to say Troy. Drunk, I'd have to say Mary.
42. Who is your most silent friend? Hmm, that'd have to be Jade.
43. Does anyone have a crush on you? That would be nifty.
44. Do you wish on shooting stars? As a matter of fact, yes.
45. What is your favorite book? Dune.
46. What is your favorite candy? Snakes.
47. Favorite Sports Team? I don't have one.
48. What do you want played at your funeral? Loud and happy music.
49. What was your favorite toy as a child? Lasy set. Sort of like Lego except kiddy safe.
50. Your favorite flower? Lillies.